Question
Posted by: haywire | 2011/04/28

depressed or just moody

I am 38 Year old female, Sometimes I am very irritable and frustrated,loose my temper and become very nasty. Then I Feel like pack up and go anywhere. I am happily married but sometimes feels locked in. I can''t handle correction in anyway. I can''t handled it if Iam told what to do. Sometimes I have a very low self esteem and battle to communicate with people other times I feel I can handle everything. I suffer from insomnia and use sleeping tablets. My partner is suffering with my moods and low sexdrive. It feels as if everyone expect me to do everything and be everything. Do you think I need to see a psycoligst? or only some antidepressant?

I wonder if you have always been like this, but only recently began to worry about it, or if this represents a recent change in you ? Either way, you would indeed be helped by seeing a psychologist counsellor, to explore, understand and modify these aspects of yourself and your reactions which you find uncomfortable They should begin by a proper assessment of whether there is also a condition which would benefit from specific treatment, which might include medication, such as depression or an aniety disorder. Antridepressants can help to corrrect some of the chemical anomlaies which are part of depression, but they can't solve disputes with your partner, or low self-esteem, and so on, while counselling can do so

1