Posted by: Dezi Gagiano | 2008-11-12

Depressed HRT

I am totally fedup with myself. 52 yrs old and have been on HRT for 5 yrs (femigel and inplants) my weight has gone up from 65kg to 75kg. I' ve always been overweight as a child and teenage years (81 - 83kg) and had to go through many abuses e.g. fatso etc. When I was 21yrs old I gave birth to my 2nd daughter and weighed 95kg. I went on a strict diet and lost weight upto 62kg. I felt like a celeb. I can' t stand to be overweight and blown up and fat around my waist. I do 60 min cardio at the gym, 20min cycling, 20min walking and 20 min cross trainer 5 x per week and circuit 3 x per week with no results. I have decided to stop my HRT because I can' t stand it to look this way. I am also on 20mg Cilift for my depression. I think my weight is making me more depressed. My boobs are so blown up I feel like Dolly Parton.In my teenage yrs I was a 40C and had my boobs reduced to a 36 C, now I' m a 38C, I don' t like it at all. I was born with a hip defect and had my right foot big toe amputated just behind the toe nail, which made my hip worse. Then my back started giving me problems with the lower cusions being overworked. In conclusion, I battle to do gym, so I bought myself a Crazy Fit massage and a stationary bicycle. Please help me I have to loose weight. My Dr referred me to a orthopedic surgeon, he said that I should have a hip replacement, but that I was too young and should wait until 55yrs. PLEASE HELP. THANX
Please help.

I don't think that the HRT is necessarily the cause for your weight gain. As one gets older , it becomes MUCH harder to lose weight. there is a reason why the term 'middle age spread' is there. This is due to changes in metabolism and also a higher incidence of insulin resistance. You can have yourself checked for this. While the gym is good, a strict diet is essential as well. You could ask DietDoc for help with this.