Question
Posted by: Chantal2 | 2011/01/11

Depressed, Dont understand

Hi CS

I smsed my fiance''s mother to tell her that myself and my fiance need to spend some time together because couples need time...we havent spent time together since I dont know when. Like I said in my other posts, she wanted to come over again to have lunch or something together....Thats when I sent her the sms.

She has been offish with me ever since.... Does she have the right to be so unpleasnt ?? because really, I dont complain at all to them....Now that I do say how I feel, she does not like it! I shouldnt have to ask for permission to spend time with him or to even tell them

Try to settle this before getting locked into marriage. Discuss it with your fiancee, preferably with the help of a counsellor, and make it clear that you want to marry him, and not his family.
In the instance you quote, maybe "offish" is quite a satisfactory way for her to be ?

2
Posted by: Carmen | 2011/01/11

just a word of advise a mother in law like that will hog your entire marriage, I have a " family in law"  that is constantly interferring in my like always at my house, dont like them much and I know they dont me either but that does not stop them from always coming over..

speak to your finace, tell him to spaek to his mother.

Reply to Carmen