Question
Posted by: Chantal2@cybershrinkRE | 2011/01/10

Depressed, dont understand

Thanks Doc

I have suggested couples counselling, and I will be doing that. I need to resolve this problem soon but also in a sensitive manner as his mother is ill.

I hope that they understand and if they do not after professional help, then I cannot be responsible for anyone''s reactions after I have laid down the rules for MY family.

One thought in addition. If you are talking about the family including yourself and your husband, shouldn't it be about BOTH of you laying down the rules for your shared family ? Otherwise, this sounds more like pure rivalry with the mother, as to who gets to be the dictator

1