Depressed dog?

Are you well?

We have 2 RottweillerXLabradors. The one seems depressed. They both get lots of attention, individually and together.

However, it seems that when we don' t give attention to Buddy at a specific time, he gets depressed. We would find him a while later licking his tale - he does this until there is a sore forming.

This is really bothering me. He also had a random sore on top of his head just above his right ear. I think he may have walked into something. The sore is gone now and replaced with a dry patch.

He just seems truly unhappy sometimes. He lays by the gate staring out at the world or on the porch, whereas his brother is always close.

What can the problem be?

Dear Anon

The current economic climate as well as the crime is really affecting everyone these days.

Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-12

he could have a nutritions deficiency

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: Chill | 2009-10-06

Have you had him checked out by the vet?

That' s the first thing I would do if this were my dog.

Reply to Chill

Try an animal communicator google animal spirit or anna breytenbach.
Perhaps he is just a thinker and you are putting human feelings on something that might not be as big as we think.
I look back on my communactions that I had with my dogs and have made small changes that have helped.