Question
Posted by: Susan | 2010/04/13

Depressed and divorcing

My husband of 12 years wants out and also recently seeing more and more sms''s on his fone from another. He says theire just friends but even her mom phoned me and told me about theire affair, now what now. I am getting more tired everydy dont feel like anything anymore and he just keeps on verbal abusing and emotional abusing me. Says that he is going to take my child away from me. What can I do??

Get help from a support group for abused women like POWA. And get legal advice, free from a free law clinic at your nearest law school, or from the Family Advocate at the magistrate's court. He is not entitled to take any child away from you, the mother, unless he has proof that you are a danger to them - using children as weapons to hurt a partner is despicable benavious, and no court should support it. If he is being abusive and unfaithful, he cannot have any good claim for custody - and will have to establish a convincing claim for even having access to the kids for whose care he will have to pay maintenance, and the matter will be decided by any competent court on the basis of what is best for the child, not on what he wants in order to be spiteful.

2
Posted by: XXX | 2010/04/13

It sounds like your marriage might be over I''m afraid.Have a heart to heart chat to your husband.
If he does not come to the party then you should start divorce proceedings.He cannot take your child away so don''t let him con you.Make sure you get a good lawyer and get what you are entitled to.This includes maintenance for your child.
There are plenty of fish in the sea,rather find someone that loves you and your child.Try and get out to a movie/gym etc as you don''t want to become depressed.
All of the best

Reply to XXX