Posted by: Steff | 2008-11-03

Depressed and anxious

I went out with a guy for 4 years, and we recently broke up about 3 weeks ago. Reason beng is that he only works part time, sticks the money in his own pocket, and lets me pay the bills. I decided to confront him, and tell him that he needs to go out, decide what he wants to study, and I' ll even pay for it, because on the long run, it would be best for the both of us. The next day he just moved out, without telling me a thing. I just came home to an empty apartment. Im still in shock, his family is making me out to be the bad guy, saying that I am greedy and just think about money. Im devastated, but know that I couldve never respected him, because he doesnt do anything to be respected for. He was always loveable, and listened, so am I overreacting to think that even though he' ll never really accomplish anything, love is maybe enough?

Sounds like you are very well rid of such a feeble man. Ignore whatever his family says. He needed to earn your respect, and apparently couldn't be bothered to do so. Some women enjoy a feeble man in their lives, who is comfortable and really doesn't want to ever amount to anything. If you're not one of them, then you need to move on to find someone more suited to you

Posted by: Nozi | 2008-11-03

You did the right thing Steff, is that the reson why you were so hard on Ouch! because of your own turmoil? my partner was an alcoholic, the op word is was, if he' ll touch drink again, I hope not, but he now admits he was sick,did the exact same as Ouch' s b/f, he now speaks openly about it and wonders what did he see in that life, drunk everday, home towards morning.I thank god everyday that he finally agreed to seek help.Wish you all the best.

Reply to Nozi