Question
Posted by: Didi | 2011-06-30

depressed

My hubby heard a hearsay on a CD a person undermining &  criticising the church that i attend. The person talk horrible things &  accuses the members of witchcraft , adultery, dishonest people,after hearing those things he was so upset and told me that i have been brained wash and i need to stop going to that church.

He threw all church stuff, and accusses me of pouring stuff (muthi) in his food telling me i''m so evil cause of the church. i am not against whatever info. he got and giving opinions but i feel insulted and him envading my privacy by throwing my church stuff without even discussing objectively and to get the info. if is correct. He just acted outrages and i feel he want to control me. His behaviour is just out cause i ''m the one attending the church not him any negative comments about my church i believe will affect me cause i belong to the church &  is my duty to do through research not him being harsh and accusing me.

Some churches do, indeed, include such ugly and unpleasant people - people who are hypocrites and do bad things, or accuse others. It sounds as though your husband does not belong to the same church as you do, and believes the rumours he has held. Don'ty assume these rumours are true - and don't assume they are false. Throwing away anything belonging to you was hasty and not a good thing to do. Does he belong to any church at all ? Is there someone at HIS church you could discuss all this with, and seek their advice ?
has he usually tried to "control you" in other ways, or is this new ? Is it only since he heard bad things about your church ? Does he think he is trying to protect you from bad people and an organization that could harm you ?