Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-07-18

Depressed

Sometimes I feel so down. I am really mad at some choices I made in life. I am almost 30 years old, alone and it feels like I have pushed people away my whole life. I don’ t speak to my father or my brother.

All this has made me so depressed. Sometimes I don’ t even want to get up in the morning. I feel ashamed and I just want to hide from the world. Being outside in normal life makes me feel so uncomfortable. I really can’ t see a point anymore. I can’ t go on like this. If this is how the rest of my life will be I really don’ t want to be here.

There is no point, as you wil have realized, in trying to live one's life backwards - or trying to re-live it to correct mistakes. What one can most usefully do, though, is to learn from whatever mistakes we have made ( and ALL of us have made them ) so as not to repeat them, and to make much better and more fruitful mistakes in the future.
You don't have to continue doing whatever you have been doing over the years which doesn't contribute to your well-being and that of others.
It sounds as though you have developed a depression, which skews your view of the world in a negative way, but which responds well to proper treatemtn, with meds and/or therapy / counselling, especially of the CBT form. CBT also is particular good at identifying your negative habits of thought and behaviour, and help[ing you to change them fruitfully.

3
Posted by: lilly | 2010-07-18

if you can afford it, see a psychologist. otherwise how about taking up something you enjoy, a course in something you''d like to do.. somethign fun. try keep in contact with people you like and care about you.

and remember " this too shall pass" 
big hug

Reply to lilly
Posted by: Phil | 2010-07-18

You know what, it is just a state of mind. You have lived that way for so long, so you have become that. But you can change that, and it won''t be easy. But if you start with example, thinking happy thoughts, and start to ban the negative ones the moment it comes up. Slowly but surely you will change the the way you look at things. It isn''t easy, and will take lots of time and dedication. Even sticking a couple of specila reminders where you will concstantly see them will help. When I sometimes feel down, I just remind myslef of how fortunate I am. I am healthyu, can see and walk and work. There are people that are bling, crippled, people with no food. People in oppressed places. You still have choices, you can teach urself to make friends. You can still make ammends with your familly. See, it is just the way you look at things. And YOU can change that. I say, choose life! And don''t hurry things, one step at a time. Maybe start by just being gratefull for being alive, the sun, the clouds, the small but actually big things we should be thankfull for.

Reply to Phil