Question
Posted by: Confused | 2010/05/07

Depressed

Hi I am 26 years old. To make a long story short I went to my local GP when I was 22. He prescribed an antidepressant, Cilift. I have been on it for 3 years, stop taking pills in between, landing up in hospital. I went to a pshycologist for the first time last year after I drank a bottle of paracetomol. Now I am going to a a physciatrict clinic still not feeling better. I am not eating properly. I am scared of being fat. Gained 10 kg in the last 5 years. help

Sounds a bit complicated. Cilift is an effective antidepressant, useful in treating properly diagnosed Depression, and in some other conditions. When you say you're scared of being far, this sounds like an Eating Disorder, which can go along with a Depression, though some people on some antidepressants ( there's wide individual variation ) may gain weight.
YOu need to speak frankl to the psychiatrist you are now seeing, making clear all your problems and fears, and ask for a re-assessment of diagnosis and treatment, as these are conditions from which you should be able to recover - and indeed i sounds as though there was a time when you did well on treatment.

1