Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2010/04/22

Depressed

Before I got married to my husband he was staying with his daughter in a small backroom. Immediately when I entered into a relationship with him I adviced him to buy a house and be a person like other people because I realised that we were about to get married. Oh guess what the in-laws they were so friendly that time, things just went fast, he paid lobola for me in 2007 finished in 2008 and we got married in 2009. Things now start to be bitter with his sisters I dont know what is wrong now, they have started to take the kids on weekend saying that I dont take good care of them, and I have a 1 yr 5mnths baby I think the girl needs to assist me and when they come in they say the house is dirty and I do my best to clean the house so I have decided to stay in my house and dont go to theirs anymore am I being funny or must I not show them that they are hurting me, even their kids when they have come to collect the girl they dont sit they just stand in the kitchen and insist that they have come to collect their cousin I have realised that there is something that is not right but when I tell my husband he just keep quiet do you think this is right. I have just decided to just look and see what this will end up to. I have realised that they did not want their brother to get married because they will always call and ask him to go and collect their children at school because they are running late, I once confronted him and told him that this needs to stop because he is no longer a baby now he must grow they also need to make their own arrangements or any other alternative. We earn on the 15th you will see sms''s on the 13-14 asking for money 1200 or money above what do these people think he will ask from me I told him I am not here to spoil other people I am here to build they said next year they will take the girl to stay with them, you know what he has accepted and I know this is all money business they will ask for money all week through, please assist. What do I need to do.

This sounds surprisingly like a question posted earlier today. If the ugly sisters WANT to hurt you, then revealing to them that you do feel hurt, might only encouyrage them. But this IS something you need to discuss seriously with your husband, who should not allow his sisters or family to act in such a way as to upset you. Remind him that it is his duty to stand up for you, and not just to remain silent. Sounds like they feel sour about him marrying, maybe feeling this was not to their advantage - especially if he is foolish enough to keep giving them money.

1