Question
Posted by: cookie | 2010/01/26

Depressed?

Where to begin?My parents divorced when I was 8.My mother then married a man that molested both my sister and I.We told her about it but she decided to stay with him.I moved out of the house as soon as I could.I married the first man I had a serious relationship with and we had a child.I found out that he was gay and we got a divorce.Now we are busy fighting in maintenace court because he does not want to support his child.My father died about 3 years ago(we did not see him much because my mother would not let him see us).2 years ago I was in a serious car accident-my car was written off.Last year,I was diagnosed with cervical cancer.Luckily,everything could be removed and now I am praying that the cancer will not return.I am struggling financially because I am a single parent.I feel so hopeless.A new year does not hold any new possibilities for me-I just wonder what is going to go wrong this year.What can I do to make my life better????

What a sad story, cookie. YOur ex, if he has enough to support himself, has enough to support the child, surely.
Having had some similarly disasterous periods, I found that one comfort was that there wasn't much left that could still go wrong.
I;m sure your child is lucky to have such a loving and brave mom.

3
Posted by: cookie | 2010/01/27

Thank you for replying.I am so tired of always being the strong one.For once I would like if someone could just carry my burden for a while.Most days I just want to go hide away somewhere,not smile and nod and do all the right things.I want to cry all of the time.I cannot remeber when last I was truly happy.I started to take my daughter to a psychologist to make sure nothing is wrong there.I want my child to grow up happy and the only way to ensure that happens is to stay together.I do not know how long I am going to be able to keep it up.

Reply to cookie
Posted by: Nana | 2010/01/26

It looks like you have had your hands full with heartache.

The only way to make it is if you see someone to help you deal with all of this and have faith in the Lord.

I dont understand why your mom decided to do nothing about the molestation, she is just as gulty as your step father.

You have to be there for your child and make sure he gets all the love in the world, i know sometimes it is easier to take it out on the kids but please dont.

Good luck!!!

Reply to Nana