Question
Posted by: Jusundra | 2009-12-15

Depressed

I' ve got a problem with a my husband not taking me anywhere, we never do shopping together, we never go to funerals together and he is always attending parties of his friends alone.

When he go to all these places alone he expect me sit at home with our 15 month old baby daughter. This past Saturday he wanted me to baby sit and be the security gaurd of the house again, i decided that is not going to happen. I then went to my mom, when he called me on my cellphone to ask me where i was, i did not answer his calls. I also never went home that night i slept at my mothers place.
He called me first thing the next morning asking me very angrily where i was and where i did sleep. I lied to him and said that i went out with my friends and i left my bag with my cellphone with my mother, i also said i think she could not hear the cellphone cause it was on silent mode.
I am finding it so strange now, cause he is so cross with me , and even accusing me of seeing another man. I cannot believe that someone can be so unfair always going out like a single man, and when i tell him i also went out with my friends, he is so mad with me.
Lastly i am a depression sufferer and is very introvrsial and shy, but i mean that does not give him the reason going to places on his own, cause i am shy and depressed.
Do you think i' ve got a future with this man or should we just and our marriage, cause the thing of not inviting me to places anymore is really humiliating....it is depressing me more than i am.
I don' t know why is he shy to take me out.

Well, your mysteriousness and the complexity of your plot may understandably have made him suspicious, and may really not be helpful in solving your problem. Isn't the root of tthis problem that he is no respecting you as an adult in your own right, nor treating you as a wife with whom he should socialize with his friends and on other normal outings ? If your mother could baby-sit, wouldn't it be practical for you to go out together ?
Does he perhaps think that you are so shy that you would not enjoy going out with him ?
Ultimately, such situations can only be worked out by frank discussion between you, with the help of a marriage counsellor if necessary, to see that the discussions are fair and productive

1