Posted by: DEPRESSED | 2009-09-14

I Have been told by my gynae that i should start thinking of possibilities like ivfertilization. where are we suppose to get 39 000 rand from. dont they feel any remorse for couples trying to fall pregnant to keep the price down. heartless. i feel that i am incapable of giving my husband a child and i feel less of a woman. i am depressed and are considering suicide.

I don't think that remorse comes into it. They see themselves as providing a service at a cost, and nobody else will subsidize it. I suppose numerous people are involved in doing IVF well, so it's not just one person trying to be greedy.
But you are not in the slightest way les of a woman for not being able to fall pregnant easily, and of course it is not your fault, nor anyone else's. Not long back no such procedure was available at any price, and we just had top live with it. But you really ought to see a counsellor to deal with your strong feelings of despair over this --- both because you can be feeling more positive about this, and deserve to feel better, and because remedying the despair often actually improves fertility all round.

Posted by: DEPRESSED | 2009-09-14

Thank you lady for you precious advise. you are very thoughtfull. you put it better than anyone. i feel you.

Posted by: Nhlanhla | 2009-09-14

Helo dear. I am sure the professionals in this field have tried their level best in making sure that people can be able to afford the procedure... its just that they need to get paid and at the same time have to make sure that they follow the right routes, which also cost money. Forget about them and start focusing on you. The very reason that I know is making it even more difficult for you to fall preggies, is that you worry a lot about everything. You worry about you, your husband, the money and thats not going to help you at all. I want you to start relaxing and talk to your womb. This might sound stupid but it works... I know. Was once in the same situation as you - so I know. Learn to relax and give yourself an your hubby to make love without you hoping that the sperms will gt to your eggs... because thats when you distract them.Enjoy making love... everytime after making love... take a pillow and put it under your bum... help the sperms to move closer to the womb.Do this everyday for 15 miutes at a time. Find a hobby that you like, get onto this site and visit Gynae doctor and ask questions about trying to fall preggies... and enjoy the responses... DONT ever stress about anything else otherwise you will not make it. Speak to your man and find a solid groung.All the best and God Bless...

Reply to Nhlanhla