Posted by: Nella | 2009-06-04

About 5mnths ago I lost my father, it was very sudden and I am struggling to get to grips with it. My husband and I are also having problems, he says I dont give him the opportunity to express his feelings towards me. I grew up in a stable home, but as my father drank alot, was emotionally abused. I have a low self esteem and I am not the most confident person. I am afraid to further myself with anything. Everytime my husband and I have an argument, he blaims my upbringing and he always tells me how he is being punished for my emotional damage. He is the type of person that always wants to speak the loudest and always wants to have the last say. He grew up in a very religious home and his father was very dominant. I dont know what to do anymore, I love my husband, but he is making me to be a very hard person. He is always the one who gets offended if I air my views and tells him when he does something wrong, but is always ready to dish it out to me. what can i do as I am sick of all of this.

This could be depression, or still grief and bereavement. Why not consider marriage counselling to work on the problems you and your husband are experiencing, and individual counselling to help you work through your grief ?
I mariage counseling, there is a copunsellor there to help to see fair play and to help your husband to learn the value of listening as well as talking