Posted by: Anonymous101 | 2009-05-29

my hubby went to rehab yesterday for alcohol. i actually made him go cause i cant handle him when he is drunk all the time anymore. its his 2nd time in rehab. he doesnt want to be there. he wants to come home.

thing is, i feel so guilty now. i feel like its my fault. i feel like i left a innocent baby out in the cold to die.

how can i cope with this. i cry all the time.

He needs to remember he isn't doing anyone a favour by going through rehab, but himself. If he stops drinking, he can stay at home and wouldn't need rehab. It is NOT your fault, he shouldn't die, and he is very far from being innocent. Baby ? only i n his chosen dependence on a bottle. Do not allow him to shift the responsibility from himself to you. You are only helping him, it is his job to be man enough to stop drinking and to stay stopped.

Posted by: Miko | 2009-06-01

I am in a relationship that my partner likes to be very secretive even with things that are not material. I am open to her and has asked her to do the same but things have not changed. She tells me that I do not need to know everything that is happening to her life. I am afraid this is making me insecure and now I will not know if she tells the truth or not. She has lied to me before and promised not to do it again but it happens. Please advise.

Reply to Miko
Posted by: Jade | 2009-05-29

Well u did the right thing, trust me its better this way than any other. My step dad drinks alot &  my poor mum cant handle him, he goes to the bar, gets drunk, wants to start fights, he insults me all the time when his drunk. U know what they say, the true person comes to surface when they drunk. He does' nt spend time with my brother who is 12. He does' nt take my mum &  brother out, they dont know what its like to take a family trip. He is no fun &  we hate it, his behavior forced me to leave home, im on my own now &  getting married to a wonderful guy who doesn' t ever touch the bottle. 4 my mum, brother &  i, to go out to Gateway or the Pavillion 4 example was like going overseas. Thats how bad things were, we like lost contact with the world all bcoz the man of the house put the bottle b4 us.I dont know if u have children or u recently married but its not a very nice life to have when any1 at home drinks to an extent that he/she cant control. I know u will feel bad &  hurt at what u did but do u want the life that i just told u about now? Its 4 the better 4 u &  ur husband so let it be &  be happy coz im sure u dont want the life my family &  i went through &  have at the moment.

Reply to Jade