Posted by: Dee | 2009-03-10

I' m loosing weight wtihin a month I have lost 5 Kg' s.I am stressing and depressed.Please help me to gain at least 10 kg' s.

Dear Dee
I can give you tips on how to gain weight, but until you address the cause of your weightloss, which you say is stress and depression, you will not gain significant weight. For your own sake, please consult a clinical psychologist (ask your gp to refer you) so that you can come to grips with what is causing your stress and depression and can learn coping mechanisms that are not self-destructive. As regards the tips on weight gaining, you can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. You can purchase liquid meal supplements at most chemist shops. Talk to the pharmacist about your need to gain weight and see which products he or she will recommend. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a liquid meal supplement at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week. Feedback from other Readers has indicated that they have successfully gained weight by using a meal supplement.