Posted by: Wife | 2009-03-06

My husband is just diagnosed with dysthymia after having a worst anger attack on Tuesday. What is dysthymia and what is the prognosis. Is it curable and how must I treat him?

Dysthymia is a form of depression, not as severe as Major Depressive Disorder, but longer lasting and it may b hader to treat. The diagnosis should only be made by a proper specialist psychiatris or psychologist after a proper assessment, and this would of course include a discussion of treatment options. I would prefer to try CBT in this disorder, as response to Antidepressant drugs may be less efective than with ordinary depression. If severe anger is the major problem, CBT and oher therapies aimed at anger control should be the main approach

Posted by: researchwonthurt | 2009-03-06

have you thought of using google for this? lots of info online if you do your researching with discernment.

Reply to researchwonthurt