Question
Posted by: bambi | 2008/07/30

Depressed?

I am 35 year female, I must say I have not much to complain about. Happy private life at home, hate my job thou, but most of us do, hate driving to job in centre town, but it pays the bills, so nothing I can do about that. My problem is that I am so depressed, feel like crying most of the time, now people at work asked me constantly why I look so cross/sad/unhappy. I dont know why? I like to get home and sleep till the next day, that is the only time I dont feel angry/unhappy/sad. What could it be? I should be happy, but how? I think myself sick, just to stay in bed for the day! that can affect my work if I carry on like this

OK, sometimes we may become depressed when under terribly sad and awful situations in life ; but most depressions arise for largely or entirely chemical reasons, and without any obvious reason --- its a waste of time to keep asking WHY. See a good GP or a shrink for assessment, and if they agree that Depression is present, discuss treatment options, which ought to include CBT counselling and antidepressant meds.