Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2011/12/06

Depo Provera/Petogen

Good day

What are the real cons concerning this injection. I have heard that it can make one gain weight after your first child, that one struggles to get pregnant after one has stopped taking it, etc. I have not gained weight while on it, but hell do I struggle to lose weight, near impossible! Or is it just me?

Thank You

If you generally struggle to lose weight and this has not increased since using the injection, then it is not likely to be related to the injection. There is a long delay in return to fertility after stopping the injection - it can be up to a year.

1