Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2011/08/23

Depo Provera - fear going off it

I''ve been on the depo for about 7 years now, going off it the first week in September. I''m fearful about the bleeding returning - I''ve read accounts of women bleeding for weeks non-stop once their cycle returns. Should i go on the pill as soon as my next injection was due or should i wait for the bleeding before going on the pill? Also, is there anything to mitigate the heavy bleeding, if it happens?

People vary in terms of what happens when they stop Depo. If you are still needing contarception then you can go straight onto the Pill. If not, it is best to let your body sort itself out.

2

Hi, I used the depo injection for 2 years and when I went off I only got my first period again almost a year after I went off and it was regular I skipped one month though but regular now. If you don''t want to have a baby you can go on the pill when you next injection is due there shouldn''t be any problems. Good luck