Posted by: Eugenie | 2008-11-05

Depo Provera

Good day doc. I have been on the depo injection for about two years. My gp injected me about two or three weeks ago, and since then, I have been bleeding. Should I go for the injection again or just wait it out? It' s really interfering with my sex life! I don' t bleed at all on the injection. Did he do it wrong?

Dear Eugenie
No he did not do wrong, the injection is made of the progesterone hormone. This sometimes causes thinning of the lining of the uterus causing breakthrough bleeding. It can be corrected by taking a esterogen supplement for 7 days. Ask him for a prescription.

Posted by: Rieet | 2009-04-03

I have been on the depo provera injection for 3 years now and I want to start planning a familiy. I am not going for any further injections and the last one I had was 02/02/2009. How long after your last injection does it take for my body to go back to normal (how long will it take for me to fall pregnant?)

Reply to Rieet