Posted by: Nana | 2012-11-16

Depo problems

Good day Doc

I live in a very small town with only one docter which i know since child and not comfortable goinge to.
I have been on the depo for 2 years, im married and 27 years old,
I would not like to get pregnant within 2 years, but would like to stop depo, it took my libido away i picked up weight my breasts are permantley very sore ect, what pill would be the best? im also 110kg and i know some pills work only if you are 90kg or less, im very sceptic about pill got pregnant while using femodene.
then second question every time about 2 weeks before my next shot, like now my next shot is 29/11 and today i have been starting to menstruate heavily that last for about 2-3 days before i go for my shot. Is it normal?

Thanks for your help

The Depo-Provera causes atrophy of the inner lining of the uterus. You will first need an oral contraceptive that is high in estrogen before changing to a tri-cyclic oral contraceptive. You will have to consult your doctor about your weight. Blood tests will have to be done to exclude diabetes, hypothyroidism and insulin resistance. If possible, consult a dietrician and start with regular cardio-vascular exercise, as soon as possible.