Posted by: Lmag | 2008-10-29

Depo Injection

i ve been on Depo for 9 months and i stoped a month a go. will it take longer to get out of my body? please help.

Dear Lmag

The effect of Depo Provera may persist for a prolonged time (up to 2 years after a single dose). However fortunately in most cases it would take less than 3-6 months to establish regular ovulation and menstruation.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Lmag | 2008-11-06

i' m not using any form of contarceptives at the moment. is it posible to fall pregnant when you dont see periods?

Reply to Lmag
Posted by: Lmag | 2008-11-06

hi guys

Thank u all for the answers. i really appreciate. May the Lord bless you with the disires of your hearts.

Reply to Lmag
Posted by: niki | 2008-11-06

I also used depo for about nine months, i got my periods six months after i stop using it, its been nine months now since i stop using it and i am still trying to conceive, so i really dont know, but the doctors says it takes +1 year for your body to get back to normal

Reply to niki
Posted by: babes | 2008-11-05

I was on depo for 5yrs.stopped 2 yrs ago. my periods came back a year after i stopped depo &  1 year later we are still trying to conceive. so i would not advise anybody to go on depo. every body' s not the same but i know in most cases your periods take very long to return &  when they do its very irregular.they say when periods return you have a chance of falling pregnant but even though mine returned a year ago i still have traces of injection in my system making it difficult to fall pregnant.

Reply to babes
Posted by: Lmag | 2008-11-03

hi Bolla
i' m not using anything. i stopped completely. i stopped last month so the whole month i didnt see my periods. do you get periods every month?

Reply to Lmag
Posted by: Bolla | 2008-10-30

How long does it take for the depo to leave your body. I am 42 and i have been using the depo for 20 years. I stopped using it since may 2008.

Reply to Bolla