Posted by: anon | 2009-09-26

depo and bleeding

Hi Dr - I was sterilised 11 years ago and suffered from very heavy, long periods after that. My gynae put me on depo which has fixed the problem as I no longer have periods. last year I decided to have a break from depo after so many years and also see if my periods would still be so heavy etc. My last depo was June 2008. I did not have a period until april 2009 and it was very heavy as before. I have started depo again - had my 1st injection in July - I did not have a period in July or aug. Now in sept i have had a heavy period for 2 weeks and although the flow has stopped everytime I wipe after passing urine there is blood and sometimes clots. my next depo is due on 5 oct
I am not sure if this is just because I have only recently started depo again or if i need to see a gynae
I am 42

It could be related to starting the Depo but, if you have not had a check-up withn the past year, you should see a gynaecologist.