Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/10/02

depo and bleeding

I was sterilised in 1998 and have been on depo since then as had a lot of bleeding after sterilisation (the gynae put me on depo)
In all this time I never had any bleeding. ( I did take a break for a few months from dec 07 - may 08.) I was due my next depo on 25 sept - for three weeks prior to this i had continual bleeding for 3 weeks. The clinic sister did not give me depo when I went for my appointment but put me on the pill as she said it would stabilise things. I am 41. Is this bleeding out of the ordinary and what do you suggest I should do at this stage in my life.

Bleeding after stopping Depo is not unusual. The Mirena might be an option for you.