Question
Posted by: WVW | 2011/07/19

Depo &  Pregnancy

Good Day I have been of Depo for 4 years &  2 months &  then last month we decided to wait for 6 month before trying to fall pregnant so i went back on Depo from 10 may with lots of trouble following I had heavy bleeding since i went for the injection &  still bleeding so we decided i will not go back on 03 Aug for the injection we will rather start trying to concieve again. must i first go on the pill or can i just not go back for the injection or is there something i must to before ttc Thank you

Dear VWV

I suggest that you don’t go back onto any contraceptive pill and wait for the injection to wear out of your system. It may take between four to six months for the inject to eventually wear out of your system before you can get regular menstrual cycles and then try and achieve a pregnancy from then onwards.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/07/26

Dear VWV

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert