Question
Posted by: TS | 2009/02/24

Depo

Please can you advise. I am cuurently on the Depo injection and will be turning 40 soon. I have been advised that I need to chnage my contraception method. I have prefered this one for a few reasons it keeps my PMS at bay and also I have had no bleeding since going onto the injection. I would obviously like to continue with these benefits. What other options are available?

There is no reason to stop the injectable. The Pill becomes a problem after 40. Other options are the Mirena or sterilisation.