Posted by: AMY | 2009-10-09

deperate help

Hi my boyfriend is an ex alcoholic and we plan to marry. the problem is the my parents are always passing comments abt him to me and thats driving me crazy. i know that its not going to be easy but they say parents are always right. they get along well with him but they are really worried..who do i please.

If all parents were always right, they might be even more annoying than they are, but life would be much simpler. I'm always puzzled by how THEIR parents were always supposedly right ( so, by definition, they must have ben wrong ) but as soon as they themselves had kids, they became always right. marvellous system.
OK, parents can inded sometimes see aspects of a relationship that OUGHT to worry you, but which you may be too much in love to see at all, or to take seriously enough. So always take their concerns seriously and check them out. For instance, how EX an alcoholic is he ? Is he still under care, a member of AA, or what ? Make sure you know and understand how the alcoholism affected him at is worst, its historyk and how he is handling it now.