Question
Posted by: jskr | 2010/12/09

Dented thumbnails

I have searched google, and unfortunately the information available is very vague.

Both my thumbnails have deep dents running horizontally through the middle on my nails.

I have had them for quite some time, and they don''t seem to be growing out.

What could possibly be the cause (I suspect some kind of deficiency), and how can I rectify this?

Thank You in Advance :o)

Hallo JSKR
this is called Beau's lines. It is caused by a temporary cessation of growth in the nail due to infection or problem in the nail fold, where the nail begins to form, or it may be caused by an injury to that area. Some other reasons for this could be heart disease, low calcium, skin disease, diabetes, psoriasis, certain drugs—including beta blockers or chemotherapy or even malnutrition. Please see your doctor for a thorough medical examination.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/10

Hallo JSKR
dr Bets