Question
Posted by: Wilma McIntyre | 2011-06-05

Dental Jaw-Wiring

I am looking for someone who does dental jawwiring for weightloss. Where can we find someone? Those that I have phone, don''t do it and they don''t know where I can go to find out.

Dear Wilma
I must admit that I also don't know which dental practitioners do jaw-wiring for weightloss. I can only suggest that you visit the Website of the SA Dental Association at: www.sadanet.co.za/ and contact them to find out who can do this procedure for you. If you do find a practitioner who does jaw-wiring, please discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this method of weightloss before you have the treatment. One problem, for example, is that if the patient continues to consume high-energy liquids while the jaws are wired, weightloss may not be satisfactory. It is therefore also important to reduce your energy intake while your jaws are wired.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-06-05

Dear Wilma