Question
Posted by: Carine | 2010/08/30

dental health

My dogs really hate having their teeth brushed. I feed them hill''s science diet and then also give the greenies twice a week. They also have plenty of cow hide bones to chew during the day. Is it absolutely neccesary to brush their teeth, or is giving them greenies enough? Are their any products better than greenies? Do doggy breath freshners help prevent dental disease?

Hi Carine

It is not absolutely necessary to clean a dogs teeth. I would continue with dental sticks but also try dental rubber toys with canine tooth paste, raw carrots and Hill's t/d diet.

Hope this helps