Question
Posted by: rivone | 2008/10/17

denmar

Hi all my doc wants to put me into denmar for a while has anyone been there, mental hospitals are apparently with no toilet doors and things like that am i wrong?

Fortunately, you are wrong. I have visited Denmar several times, and its like most hospitals except nicer in some ways --- more space for people to sit together, more OT and recreation. I haven't in ordinary hospitals met a young guy sitting aside playing his guitar. And the food, so far as I've tasted it, is a bit better than the ordinary hospitals where I've been a patient, And pleasant staff, judging by those I've met. Follow your doc's advice and see how things go.

3
Posted by: ME | 2008/10/17

A close friend of mine was at Denmar about 3 years ago, I visited her there and the place was very pleasant frm what I saw personally and my friend also told me the doctors and staff there were excellent. The programs and activities they offered according to my friend was very helpful and the rooms were very comfortable and clean, the food also looked good.

Reply to ME
Posted by: Tango | 2008/10/17

I worked at Denmar many years ago. Its a pleasant place and not at all like a " mental hospital"  you see in scary movies!!

If your doc wants you to go - adhere to his suggestions and be part of your recovery.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: case | 2008/10/17

Rivone, I' ve been in Denmar about 6 years ago. I don' t know who told you that mental hospitals don' t have toilet door etc. But it isn' t like that. It is like a normal hospital you go to. If you think or heard that mental hospitals don' t have toilet doors and things like that you are definitely wrong. Maybe it is in your best interest in anyway if your doc wants to out you in Denmar for a while.

Reply to case