Demodex mites

Dear Cyber Vet

For the past four years I have been feeling these tickling things walking all over me! Not just my face, hair ears. But everywhere on my body. My partner and I have fumigated our place and been to a GP! Which claims we are delusional... However I' m not even sure whether this is demodex mites. Cause apparently you get acne outbursts and people will only feel I on their faces. My partner and I have been experiencng similar symptoms which are.

•  tickling/crawly sensations on our body.
•  mostly at night but also during the day we feel these things.
•  whenever we eat diary products, it' s like we Being attacked from all angles. As if we walking into a spider web!
•  red pimples now and then.
•  oily skin.
•  hair from eyelashes to eyebrow falls out (soon I won' t have any hair left by my eyebrows and eyelashes)

those are the basics! However I use to have pets that' s was when I was still living by my parents! I know we got this when we had 5of my family members sleeping over at our place! And after four days, when they left we started feeling this. And when I confronted them. I was called names and told I' m like tbs and that! In this whole process for the first year we spent above approximately R80000 but even more by the looks of it. What do I do? And how do I get someone to help me in finding out what the heck on earth is this having a ball of a time on our bodiez! Even a parasitologists would be a solution if I can find one!

Please your help would be much appreciated!

Dear Anon

My guess would be sarcoptic mange.

Go a bit slower on the LSD

Posted by: steph | 2009-10-31

well unless dogs have learned to surf the net and type, I think you' re on the wrong forum...this is cyberVET, try cyberdoc. Incidentally I do know of someome who experienced the same issues, they were convinced they had parasites in their home. As it turned out it was all stress related due to violent crime exposure, have you had any exposure to specific stressors of late? Maybe try a different Dr, you pinpointed dairy products as an aggravating factor which seems a bit odd for the symptom that it is producing?

Reply to steph