Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2010-07-02

Delaying Tactics

I have a case going on at the Durban Labour Court, opened in 2008 and this case keeeps on being postphoned due to unavailability of the company witnesess. I am positive that this is onother de laying tactics the company is using and the court keeps on accepting their excuses. What are my rights to this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: DELAYING TACTICS

Unfortunately the labour court is ruled entirely by the judge on the day in question. If the judge hears an application for postponement and grants same then you are bound by that ruling unless you wish to take that on review or appeal which will take much longer than the time as to when the matter is placed on the role once again.