Posted by: CN | 2009-08-05

delayed period on fertimed

I have been using fertimed for 3 cycles. All three cycles I got my period and the Dr confirmed through a blood test that I have been ovulating. My cycles vary between 32 - 35 days. The first day of last period was 2 July 2009. Today is day 35. The question I have is can fertimed cause a delay period or could I be pregnant? I did I home pregnancy test and there was no second line. last year in August I had a miscarriage due to low progesterone levels. Can this be a factor in the test not picking up a positive pregannacy or is my period just delayed? Your advice is appreciated.

Dear CN

The fact that you have ovulated and have shown evidence on a blood test that you have ovulated on Fertomid and that you have not seen your period after 35 days is a very high chance that you may be pregnant already. Having a low progesterone would not be factor in not picking a pregnancy on the urine dipstick, as the urine test does not check for progesterone but for the beta HCG. However if you have any doubt as to whether a urine test is effective or not the more accurate test would be a blood pregnancy test. If you have fallen pregnant and have had a miscarriage that has confirmed a low progesterone level then I suggest doing a progesterone level and supplementing with progesterone in the early stages of the pregnancy would be a good idea.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Kinnie | 2009-08-06

I have found when I am on Fertomid my cycles are always 2-3 days longer than usual.

Reply to Kinnie