Question
Posted by: Lindsay | 2010-01-06

Delayed menstruation, seemingly without reason...

Hi there, I was meant to begin menstruating on approx. 26 December, and as yet have not started. I am sexually active, so I' ve done two different home pregnancy tests on two different days (both done early morning) - they were both negative. Although my period has, in the past, been off by two or three days, I cannot recall it ever being this delayed. I am 27, overweight, have been eating regular, balanced meals over the past month, have not been drinking excessively, have not done any strenuous excercise and am on no medication other than the odd ibuprofen and ocassionally take Simply Slim (an all natural weightloss product). I usually also suffer from quite severe period cramps, and have never been on the pill. Could you perhaps give me an indication as to what you think the problem may be - and how I should go about rectifying it? Many Thanks, L.

Stress, changes in diet or exercise patterns can cause a delayed period. As this is the first time it has happened, you could wait and see what happens this month, otherwise see your doctor.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-01-06