Posted by: D. L | 2009-08-13

Delay or speed up?

I was put on Yasmin by my Gynaecologist to treat endometriosis, but suffered from the worst side effects ever! Nausea, sore breasts, bloating, headaches and not to mention extreme mood swings. After 2 months I decided to stop taking it as it was beginning to have a serious effect on my relationship with my fiancee. We are going on our first romantic get away since we got engaged in 2 weeks time and now my period are falling right in the middle of it. Is there any way I can either delay or speed up having my period without having to take a contraceptive pill?

Dear DL
No not really - you can delay by taking progesterone alone (Primolut N) - will need a prescription from your doctor. If you don't want babies right now, please remember to use another form of contraceptive! (Primolut N is not a contraceptive)