Question
Posted by: Nigel | 2011-03-08

dehydration

Hi Doc, Hope you can help. I have been overweight since i gave up gym 20 years ago. I am now (for the last 4 months, right though Chrismas) on a very intense work out program. I sweat a tremendous amount during my hour to hour and a half routine. I consume about 2 lts of water during the routine and another lt at home during the evening. I drink weigh powder after the routine. in the morning i drink 2 phedra cut and a teaspoon of creatin. I find my self getting up 3 to 4 time a night to pee and its affecting my sleep pastern. Please advise what i am doing wrong. I used to sometimes get up once a night at worst.

Hi Nigel

I think you're just drinking too much. You don't need to drink more than to thirst - if you're not thirsty, it's because your body doesn't need fluid. So forcing 2L in and then probably drinking more at night is the reason. I know you're sweating a lot, but your body is too clever to allow you to get completely dehydrated. So just follow your thirst and drink when thirsty and you'll be OK!

2
Posted by: Hannelize | 2016-03-30

Hi I hope you can assist. My son is 15. He playd rugby in terrible heat without consuming any liquids. Since last night he has been suffering from headaches, nausea, dizzines, confusion and fever. Are these symptoms a sign of dehydration? He was in fact on a dril at a hospital for approx. 3 hours.

Reply to Hannelize
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-03-13

Hi Nigel

Reply to fitnessdoc