Question
Posted by: SMOOTHIE | 2009/01/07

DEGRANOL

WHAT ARE THE DEGRANOL PILLS AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Smoothie,
Degranol tablets are an anticonvulsant including anti-epileptic.

Each tablet contains 200 mg carbamazepine.

23
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/03

I've started having epilepsy in 2000 & I was using Tegratol until middle of 2015 but since I started using degranol I get ceasure 2-3 times each and every week. After a month or 2 months get blister on my body. And it also drugs me to feel like everything is spinning.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/15

What side effects do all the patients using Degranol experience.I get sores or blisters in my inner mouth lips.I also get white marks or spots on my hands. must i see my practioner and stop using these tablets? What are your suggestions.

Posted by: martin | 2016/05/28

I had my toes amputated and I have shooting pains in the foot, I take Degnarol when it occurs and it helps

Reply to martin
Posted by: Barbara | 2016/04/26

I was prescribed carbamazipine for restless leg syndrome. it helped well for many weeks, but now the nightly cramps are back. I took 200mg. Can I increase the dosis to 400 mg?

Reply to Barbara
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/13

I'm on carbamazepine degranol ..but now they make me stiff and anxious .my doc is gonna change me to lamotrigine ,I'm already used to carb there I'm trying so hard to adapt to the new meds .

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/13

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/01

Can Degranol be used to treat lumbar neuropathic pain( Sciatica)?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/01

Can Degranol be used for Neuropathic lumbar pain- Sciatica?

Posted by: Debbie | 2016/02/04

My friend is on this for Epilepsy but when he takes it he is not able to walk. Could this be a side effect of the tablet?

Reply to Debbie
Posted by: mark | 2015/09/05

I have was prescribed degranol for relieving stress, Does Degranol contain cannabis extract, after taking one tablet, I can taste /smell cannabis for the next 2 days

Reply to mark
Posted by: KATHY | 2015/03/17

I SUFFER WITH MY FEET . TERRIBLE BURNING PAINS AND MY GP PUT ME ON DEGRANOL 200MG.. NOW I FEEL I CANT DO WITHOUT THEM... IS THIS SAFE

Reply to KATHY
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/13

Dr prescribed one Degranol 200 mg at night for shingles on face. Is this a regular drug used for this?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/13

Dr prescribed one at night 200 mg for shingles. Is this normal drug used in such cases?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/06

Does Degranol help with burning mouth syndrome?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/07/06

I have BMS. wILL THIS HELP?

Posted by: Nikki | 2013/11/07

I have no epilepsy but i did hurt my back,the X rays shows that no disc was injured,why did the dr.perscribed me this tablets

Reply to Nikki | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Louise | 2014/04/23

Pain relief is believed to be associated with blockade of synaptic transmission in the trigeminal nucleus.

Posted by: LEFENTSWE | 2013/06/04

CAN A PERSON DIE FOR USING DEGRANOL FOR A LONGER PERIOD

Reply to LEFENTSWE | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/23

Abnormalities of liver function and jaundice have been associated with long-term treatment. Blood counts and liver function tests should be performed before commencing treatment. Blood counts should then be repeated at weekly intervals during the first month of treatment and subsequently at monthly intervals; liver function tests should also be undertaken periodically, if allergic skin reactions occur, if the leucocyte and/or platelet count diminish, if tests reveal a deterioration in liver function, or if any serious adverse symptoms develop, Degranol should be withdrawn. The risk of premature death in people with epilepsy is two to three times higher than it is for the general population. Therefore control of epilepsy enhances quality of life.

Posted by: EVELYN | 2013/06/04

LAST YEAR I HAVE LOST 8 TOOH ON MY RIGHT HAND SIDE , IT STARTED WHEN ONE TEETH BECAME PAINFUL AND AFTER IT HAS BEEN AXTRACTED THE PAIN JUMPS TO ONTHER TEETH, MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON DEGRANOL TREAMENT BECAUSE HE BELIEVED THAT MAYBE IT WAS CAUSED BY NERVE PAIN, IT HAS BEEN THERR MONTHS NOW THE PAIN COMES BACK EMMEDIATLEY WHEN TABLETS ARE FINISHED

Reply to EVELYN
Posted by: LELE | 2009/04/20

PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH EXTRA INFORMATION REGARDING DEGRANOL TABLETS

Reply to LELE | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Louise | 2014/04/23

Primarily indications: Epilepsy Bipolar disorder Trigeminal neuralgia Other indications: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Schizophrenia Phantom limb syndrome Complex regional pain syndrome, paroxysmal extreme pain disorder, neuromyotonia Intermittent explosive disorder Borderline personality disorder Myotonia congenital Post-traumatic stress disorder

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/05

What else can Degranol be used for ?