Question
Posted by: dw | 2010/09/20

definition in my legs

Hi. I have been going to gym for like 20 years and am in good shape. However, I just cant get my legs defined. I train them 3 x a week and do sprints (every morning) for 20 minutes. My diet is fairly good. What do I have to do to get defined legs? Thanks.

Hi dw

A lot of it is genetic, unfortunately. I'm not sure what training you're doing for your legs, or even what you mean specifically by defined (which part, that is), but you might need to do more training to see progress because you may just need a bigger volume. That is, more sets, more reps, more days etc. That's a guess though. It might be the intensity of the training - heavier weights might help, assuming you're doing strength work, that is.

And finally, it might need different activities. Cycling helps the legs, but I think the key is volume - cyclists have such defined legs because they do literally thousands and thousands of contractions. Similarly, world class athletes get that definition thanks to many, many reps, many many hours. Few people get definition quickly, and so that's probably where you need to look.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/20

Hi dw

Reply to fitnessdoc