Question
Posted by: Tee | 2010-04-30

Defensive mode

Dear Doc,

I have a problem that drives me crazy! It never goes away, it haunts me everyday, sometimes I try to talk to myself abt it but It drives me crazy, literally. It''s not getting any better. I for sum reason get really, idk how to even explain it. It''s my breast. Like I can be laying on the bed and make a sudden movement and I just feel crazy for a minute. I feel like I''m bein taken advantage of. And I''m not. If I''m in a close crowd my body automatically gose into defense mode. Even when my hands are simply by my side, my mind tells my body defense. So I cross my arms and put them as close to my body as possible. And even then i still dont feel like secure. When I think abt it or try to talk to myself abt it, my mind goes nutz! Fetal position is usually the next step. I sometimes can''t sleep or it makes me want to
fight (for sum reason) or cry and fight at the same time. It really drives me crazy. I can''t verbally talk abt it. " people"  say it isn''t good to wear a bra to sleep but I have to. Not wearing one is never an option. I have to have one on at alllll times. Like now my mind is going in circles so I''m gonna stop talking abt it. Idk whts wrong tho.

Sounds really unpleasant, T. What you describe isn't typical of any common disorder, though there are several possibilities which ought to respond well to assistance from an expert shrink. The first step would be to arrange to see a good local shrink for a full assessment to clarify exactly what is going on, and why you are so distressed about this, and from that diagnosis he/she could then help you to decide about how this could best be managed, to relieve the distress

1