Question
Posted by: Desire | 2011/02/02

Defects present at L5 level

I recently went for a CT scan for a colon problem, but mentioned to my specialist that I have severe back ache.

Upon receipt of the radiology report, it read as follows:

Bilateral pars defects are present at the L5 level with no significant spondylolisthesis at this level currently. There is however, uncovering of the L5/S1 intervertebral disc.

I am on medical aid, but only have approx R1000 in my MSA savings. I don’ t want to see an orthopedic surgeon for R500 only be to be referred to another kind of specialist.

The pain has been getting more and more severe and it is at its worst after spending two hours on my feet, or after a night’ s rest.

Please could you tell me what kind of specialist to see wrt this problem.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The correct person to see would be an orthopedic surgeon who specialises in spinal problems

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/02/05

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum