Question
Posted by: dot | 2012/01/11

defamation

Hi everyone and compliments of the new year. I found sms on my bf''s phone to an escort agency. I then went and contacted his ex fiance (gf before me) and she confirmed that is why they broke up. I then went and did a stupid thing and told his current gf''s brother to warn his sister (private e-mail on facebook). My bf (now ex) is threatening to sue me for defamation of character. I dont have proof of his behaviour as he pays cash for his escapades and has probably deleted all sms from his phone. If I go to court I therefore have no evidence. What do I do? Thanks.

Drop him and have nothing further to do with him. You are fortunate if you have not contracted any STD, HIV or other ailment, due to his infidelity and promiscuity. Yes, it was foolish for you to get unhelpfully involved in the way you describe.
Now, your ex might find a greedy lawyer ( there are many around ) who will agree he should consider suing you for defamation of character, but that would be an extremely expensive and difficult case for him to try to bring.
Its hard for him to prove what you did, and that it was defamation, and even to establish that he had any reputation worth a cent that was damaged. Would his gf and her brother really want to testify in court and get cross-examined about their own behaviours ? He may grumble and threaten, but it would be very expensive, difficult and risky for him to actually take any such action. If he did begin to seriously do so, get legal advice, from a law school free law clinic, if necesary, to best defend yourself.

3
Posted by: Obvious | 2012/01/11

In your own words you did a very stupid thing, as u say you have no evidence - imagine he had done this to you.
Going forward learn from this and especially be careful how you use social net work sites.
Why are you still invested in the behaviour of an ex and contacting the new girls brother??? Maybe you should talk to a therapist as well as a lawyer as this is not normal.

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Romany | 2012/01/11

He is treatening.
It is not a walk-in-the-park to sue someone for Defemation and it is also very costly (VERY).
Ignore, carry on with your life, keep your nose out of his and his family and gf''s business and thank your lucky stars you did not pick up some desease from this man that sleeps with whores.

Reply to Romany