Question
Posted by: Rina Coetzer | 2012-01-23

deep sleep

My daughter is 12 years old. She sometimes sleep so deep that she did not wake up to go to the toilet. An alarm clock in HER room, wakes me up, while she still sleeps like a stone. That cause her to wet the bed. What can I do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

At this age it is quite unusual (but not necessarily abnormal) for girls to still be bed-wetting.

Your first step is to take her to a paediatrician to make sure that there is not some underlying bladder problem.

At this age, children sleep very deeply, and are very difficult to wake - as the mother of any teenager will confirm. Not being easy to wake is not an indication of any problem, in itself.