Question
Posted by: k.b | 2009-10-12

Decreased Breast Size

i had a baby last year November whom i breastfed for about a period of 7 months. Thereafter, my breast size decreased from its normal size. what i would like to know is that, will my breasts ever go back to its normal size before breastfeeding or will it just remain the same (smaller than my normal size)? If so, iIs there any medication that I can take to increase my breasts back to its normal size? and also what will happen in future if i want another baby that i should breast feed?

Hallo KB
Breast tissue consists of glands and fat. While you breastfeed they are usually bigger because the glands are actively producing milk, and when you stop they may decrease in size. If you also lost some weight after the pregnancy, you may end up with smaller breasts. There are many creams etc on the market that supposedly increases breast size - these are all creams that contain a hormone like substance that may cause increase in breast size while you use them but I am not really convinced that they are very safe. One can also exercise the chest muscles to increase the pectoralis muscle that lies under the breasts, this will make your breasts look bigger.
If your breasts are very saggy and small after the pregnancies, one could consider breast implants.