Question
Posted by: Coffee fan | 2008/07/14

Decaff coffee

Hi Diet Doc
Is there a limit on the ammount of decaff coffee one can healthily drink per day? I think 2-3 cups of normal coffee are acceptable so does the same apply for decaff? What are the health risks, if any, associated with more than 3 cups of decaff coffee per day?
Thanks very much.

Dear Coffee Fan
You can certainly drink up to 4 cups of regular coffee a day without it being regarded as harmful, so the same would apply to decaff. Recent research has indicated that coffee is no longer viewed as harmful for the body and there are even some research results that show that drinking coffee may help to prevent some of the degenerative diseases such as diabetes.
Enjoy the decaff

1
Posted by: BB | 2008/09/17

Hi Doc,

Good thing you spoke abotu coffee. I am 31 years old and had a mitral valve replacement when I was 10 years old and since then I was told that coffee is bad for my heart.
Recently someone told me that decaff coffee is not harmful even for me so I started drinking it.

In the above message you spoke about research proving that coffee is not bad for you, does that included people with my condition?
I basically want to know since I have been worried if it is good for me to drink coffee at all either decaff or not.
Because of this condition, I have never drank or smoked in my life and I will keep it that way, but would like to start enjoying coffee.

Reply to BB