Posted by: Pepper | 2009-07-06

Decaf Coffee - Chemicals

Thank you for all your advice.
I' ve been told that decaf coffee is worse for you than normal coffee due to the chemical process involved in extracting the caffeine. Is this true? Are three cups of decaf a day unhealthy? thank you!

Dear Pepper
I must admit that I have not yet read what chemicals decaffeinated coffee may or may not contain because of the decaffeination process, but I can recall reading about a study that found that there was no difference between decaffeinated and regular coffee in relation to heart disease. The recommendation for coffee intake is 3 cups a day, so having 3 cups of decaff will probably also be acceptable.