Question
Posted by: Annlee | 2012/08/20

Decaf

Im trying to quit coffee coz its giving me headches. A friend of mine suggested decaf . Whats the difference between regular coffee and decaf ? i BOUGHT a bottle of Nescafe Decaf n it doesnt show a percentage of caffeine. Its just says FREEZE DRIED DECAFFEINATED SOLUBLE BEANS, and it tastes whack. Whats a gal to do ?? DOES decaf supress hunger like regular coffee?? also tryna lose a few kilos AS WELL.

Dear Annlee
If coffee gives you headaches then it may well be a good idea to stop drinking large quantities of this caffeine-containing drink. Basically decaf coffee has just had the caffeine (the stimulant) removed. I have personally not had decaf often, but agree that it does not taste the same as regular coffee. If the Nestle Decaf label does not show a percentage of caffeine that is probably because it does not contain any caffeine any more. You will have to experiment to see if drinking decaf does suppress your appetite or not. If you gradually reduce your regular coffee intake and gradually substitute decaf you may find that the process is less traumatic!

1

Dear Annlee