Question
Posted by: DEBT | 2008/06/25

DEBT re

Hi All

CS does a lack of funds contribute to suicide? Im sure it does.

There are so many people in deep shyte these days.

I owe r30 000 on my one c/card and 20 000 on the other and every month i HAVE to delve into it for food. I don't know what we are all going to do because as I read here today I also hear people on the radio phoning in that are worse off than me.

Eish.

STRESS and misery contributes, lack of fuinds is but one of a myriad possible causes. Talk with someone at the bank and see if you can't work out a more effective budget ?

1
Posted by: Mpho | 2008/06/26

HI

Approach the national credit regulator for assistance and debt counselling. they are legislated to deal with our current situations and they will be willing to take all the way through and liaise with your creditors. dont think suicide - last year november i was worse off but have triumphed through it all and am okay for now. google for their website and make that call.

another option would be to make arrangement for your credit cards and take the reasonable repayment term to settle them. after you have settled them you can start all over and apply for a new ones - your credit rating would not have been affected but make sure you do not default since it will have a negative impact. i made arrangement for mine overall debt is R75000 but this arrangement left me an extra 2500 cash at my disposal monthly. not always does it work out bad - try alternatives and limit dependence on credit cards - it saved me.
our partners are losers and to think that we commit all these debts whilst they do not share the pain yet enjoy their good lifestyles is heartening. All the best...

Reply to Mpho